I have recently had the desire to preserve our memories in an aesthetically pleasing way. What better, more time consuming way to accomplish this than by scrapbooking. I have to be completely frank, I do not enjoy the art of scrapbooking but I do enjoy the finished product. This means that I spend endless hours at my dining room table with a paper cutter, a mish-mash of papers, ribbons, brads, glue dots, mounting squares, and little patience. I turn on some tunes so I don't have to fully concentrate on what I am really doing and start working. About an hour later I have an aesthetically pleasing presentation of my pictures. The hope is that some day, generations down the line, a grandchild will look at the scrapbook and say "Oh, they were so cute!" or "Look how funny Grandpa looks!" At least that's what we hope.
13 August 2008
Scrapbooking...zero enjoyment but at least it looks good
Posted by Libby and Dustin at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment