11 August 2008

Health Update

Wednesday was my six week follow up appointment with Kara Menning, Dr. Foley's Nurse Practitioner. She examined me, looking for signs that the Solu-Medrol treatment had improved the weakness on my left side as well as my peripheral vision. The double vision in my periphery is gone, but the weakness on my left side is the same. Kara said that I had an adverse reaction to the Solu-Medrol and should not have experienced severe pain and dizziness. Next time I have a treatment, it will be half the dose over two days. As far as a diagnoses, we are still at the same point. Dr, Foley and Kara are feeling slightly more confident that it is MS, but I can not be given an actual diagnoses until lesions appear on an MRI. It can take a few years after the first symptoms for the lesions to appear. I was given a medicine to help with the nerve pain I have been experiencing on my left side that seems to be working well. In general, I am feeling well. Some days are better than others, actually, some hours are better than others but I am doing well. Dustin and I are grateful for all of the prayers, family fasts, and well wishes. Your love and devotion helps sustain us.
Love
Libby and Dustin

1 comments:

Grettle said...

Hi Libby and Dustin,

It is wonderful to hear how well you both are doing. You are in our prayers and it is a pleasure to fast with you. I hope the fall brings some helpful relief from the doctor and his staff.

Love,
Grettle

PS - Add our various HouseofPayne blogs to your list.