It is nice to have good news to report to everyone. Round two was a success! Not only did I get half the dose of Solu-Medrol, it was also extremely diluted. Dr. Foley and Kara think that the reason I had such an awful reaction to the first infusion was because my body did not absorb the medicine correctly. Needless to say, whatever they did worked. I am experiencing what are considered the "normal" side effects of the medicine. These include a headache, metallic taste in the mouth, red face, elevated heart beat, slight fever, and acute alertness. The alert part has kept me up at night for the past two nights with little sleep which is really quite bothersome. However, compared to my last infusion, I feel wonderful! When I walked out of the Dr. Foley's office on Wednesday, my muscles felt really loose, something I have not felt in several months. It is nice to have some relief from the dizziness, pain, and stiffness. Again, we appreciate all of the love and support and know that your prayers, fasting, and thoughts have played a role in the outcome of this infusion.
Love
Libby and Dustin
23 August 2008
Round 2, a Success!
Posted by Libby and Dustin at 10:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment