08 July 2008

Super Woman I Am Not

Sitting in bed, with my laptop and my thoughts I realized that I am not Super Woman. I wish I had control over what happens to me and my family, but I don't. I wish, like Superman, I could see something undesirable before it happened and stop it, but I can't. The past few weeks have made me painfully aware of how vulnerable and human I am. It has been a good reminder of how grateful I am for everything I have, even my health.

The Solu-Medrol caused me to be in more pain than I have ever experienced. I was in pain from my head to my toes for three days. Pain medicine gave me a few hours of sleep but also made me nauseous, so I preferred not to take it. When the extreme pain subsided, I was exhausted and had shooting pains in my legs and back. Today, I feel pretty good. I still have some pain in my legs, and tire easily, but compared to this time last week, I feel wonderful!

I am grateful for a wonderful husband, family, and friends. Thank you for all of your love, support, fasting, and prayers. Dustin and I appreciate the large network of people that are cheering us on and hoping for the best outcome. We are praying for a good outcome and feel confident in my doctor's abilities to care for me.

Next week Dustin and I will be in Washington DC for a few weeks to relax. We couldn't have planned a better time to escape daily life and enjoy a vacation together. I am sure that I will be feeling well and be able to enjoy all of the activities DC has to offer. We love all of you and can not thank you enough.

Love
Libby and Dustin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you will be able to head out to DC and have some fun. You guys are the best and I still think that you are a super woman. We just need Dr. Foley to help with that kryptonite problem and we'll be playing in no time. I mean, we do have that bowling date, right?

M said...

Actually Lib, you're as close to Super Woman as they come! I've never met someone with a better attitude. And you're probably the toughest woman I know!