29 November 2008

First Time For Everything

Today I took Z and T on their first outing to the toy store. The store of choice was Toys R US. When the doors opened, the kids ran inside and stopped. They both looked at me and I said "go look!" That was all the permission they needed before they were off and running . After a few close calls with shopping carts, adults, and kids, we had the system down. Z was the leader, and T and I followed. I told the kids they could each pick one toy, and off they went on the hunt for the perfect toy. T, went straight to the pink isle where she chose a baby doll, but Z had something else in mind. During the hunt for Z's perfect toy, the kids rode all the bikes they could fit on, got into all the Power Wheels they could, and looked at every single isle in the store. After forty minutes of chasing two kids in two different directions I broke down and bought a stroller. T got into the stroller, and Z continued his hunt for the toy he wanted. Who ever knew a three year old could be so picky. Finally Z saw his toy. A John Deere tractor that makes all types of sounds and has working headlights. We were ready to check out and go back home to wake up Uncle D from his nap and show him our toys. On our way out the kids saw a boat with Tiger in it that they just had to sit in. Two rides, and a dollar later, we left the toy store with smiles on our faces, and toys in our hands.

0 comments: