When I married Dustin I had no idea that he was good at do it yourself projects. He built our deck (with a lot of skepticism from me) and it turned out beautiful. He also built retention walls in front of our house (with a lot of skepticism from me) and it turned out wonderful. Are we seeing a pattern here? Yep, if you answered something about me not trusting, having faith in, or believing in Dustin or that Dustin is really good at home improvement you are right. I have come to realize that you don't have to be trained in construction to be able to do it, you just have to be willing to do the job right. In fact, when Dustin and I toured the Parade of Homes I realized that he did an excellent job. In fact, a lot of his work was better than the work I was seeing in a lot of the homes. I have changed my thinking about DIY projects and am excited to help Dustin with some of our upcoming projects.
The most recent project has been Naomi's nursery. The wainscoting, painting, trim, and flooring are done! I couldn't be more proud of my amazing husband. He worked incredibly hard and learned how to do much of it as he went.
Here is what is left to do:
-crown molding
-painting the doors white
-buy a rug
-buy accessories
-paint the existing changing table
-make a pillow for the rocking chair
-hang artwork
-make curtains for window
-change out light fixture
-put outlet covers, switch plates, water main cover, and vent back on
20 June 2011
Nursery
before
after
Posted by Libby and Dustin at 5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment