When I was pregnant with Naomi I became really interested in cloth diapering. I don't necessarily fall for the argument that it is better for the environment. With disposables you use up room in a landfill and with cloth diapers you use a lot of water. In reality, both leave a footprint. The money we would save was what peaked my interest. The last straw for me was about a month ago when I spent 50 dollars on a box of 160 diapers...50 dollars! What am I thinking spending 50 dollars a month on diapers? This began my search for cloth.
There are so many types of cloth diapers out there. The information about what kind, style, and brand you should buy is overwhelming. Every time I would go online to research diapers, I would walk away more frustrated than satisfied. I finally settled on a brand and style I liked and fit Naomi well.
I have now been cloth diapering for two weeks and I love it. It has taken Dustin some getting used to, but when I told him the money we will save will pay for a vacation he took right to it. We are thinking Chicago would be a fun getaway. In the meantime, Naomi's diaper rash is gone and we are finished spending money on diapers.


3 comments:
hey I didn't know you guys have a blog! I also didn't know that all these other family members you have listed did as well. so I am now following, and feel free to follow me back at jjhaglund.blogspot.com
I will do just that! I will add you to my sidebar.
Hi Libby,
Emily Musso (Wintch) here. Beats me if you even remember me. It's probably been 15 years since I've seen you--but I just spent some great time with your parents--they were down in St. George for my sister Laura's wedding and out of curiosity I typed Martha's name into google to see if she had a design page and happened upon her blog which led me here. Great to look at what your up to and we have baby girls almost exactly the same age--my Amelia will be 1 on June 14th. It's obvious from your pictures and talking with them that both your parents adore her, and she is a cutie. Anyhow--nice to chat/see you, of a sort :)
Carry on :)
Post a Comment