Dustin and I are in dire need of a good date. Thanks to some solid advice from cousin E, and some serious dedication from Dustin we are going on a date. Why you ask would this be so hard? The answer my friends is that my sweet Naomi would not take a bottle (apparently, nursing was the only option for her). We tried everything we could think of including five different types of bottles. The Cadillac of bottles of course promises to be the best choice for your baby. That best choice cost me eight bucks. Well, Naomi does not like Cadillacs, she likes Fiats. 98 cent Fiats to be exact. The least natural, least expensive bottle is what suits her fancy. Between cousin E's wonderful advice and Dustin's persistence, Naomi now takes a bottle. She does not love it, and spills a lot of it on her shirt, but she will do it if there is no other option. It just so happens that Saturday there is no other option. Dustin and I are going to a movie while Aunt K watches Naomi. Let this be a cautionary tale to myself that next time we have a baby, Dustin will give he/she one bottle every day so we don't have to fight this fight again.
07 October 2010
Bottle Anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hooray! I'm glad something worked and that you can go on a date. And you found a perfect babysitter because she will love that baby almost as much as your own mom would even if she cries the whole time.
On a totally unrelated note, my word verification is yercull. I'm trying to decide if it' calling me some kind of obnoxious name (don't you think "You're such a yerkel!" sounds like a perfect insult?) or if it's telling me "you're cool." I think I'll vote for the latter.
Have fun on your date!
Thanks Ellie! Where do they come up with these word verifications? Mine is uncoundo. Sounds like some spell from Harry Potter. I like Yerkel better:)
Post a Comment