03 January 2009

New Year, New Adventures

Dear family and friends,
It has surely been a year full of wonderful new experiences and adventures. One of our most notable adventures was our trip to D.C. We got to see Ellie, Jeff, and their kids as well as Anna, Luke, Jack, and Elsa. We love spending time with family. Going to the Baltimore Aquarium with Elizabeth, Sarah, Anna, Jack and Elsa was definitely a highlight of our trip. Trips to the cabin, fishing, house hunting, Christmas with Mom and Dad, and marriage round out some of our exciting experiences and adventures in 2008.

Dustin is still working for a defense contractor here in Salt Lake City. He enjoys his work, especially every other Friday off. He works in the Human Resources department doing something important. I know that the work he does enables the other 64.000 employees to have health benefits and security clearances to name a few. He is a wonderful husband, and I feel blessed to be married to such an outstanding man.

I am still working at North West Middle School in a classroom for students with emotional and behavior disorders. I enjoy my work, and love the students I work with. My health, I hope, has plateaued for now. I had a Solu-Medrol treatment on the 23rd and 24th of December, so right now I feel pretty good. Thank you to all the family and friends that continue to support us through this "bump in the road."

The most exciting news is that we are buying a house. It is not ours yet, but it looks like we will be closing around the 27th of January. I enjoy driving around neighborhoods and saying "Oh, I like that one!", or "Definetly not that one." Actually house hunting and making appointments to see a house is not my cup of tea. I will be glad when all the papers are signed and we can just go window shopping from the car again.

We hope the New Year finds you happy and healthy. We look forward to a year of new experinces and adventures. We hope some of our adventures will find us close to family and friends.

Love,
Libby and Dustin

3 comments:

M said...

Happy New Year, you two! Love you!

E. said...

L+D: I super love you both, just so you know. And your blog makes me happy.

olivia said...

i just love you guys. I am so glad i discovered your blog!