Dustin and I met Roy (Dustin's Dad) at Scofield Reservoir early in the morning to go fishing. I have been fishing before and found that I really don't have the patience for it. However, Roy is a very experienced fisherman and knows his stuff. When we showed up, Roy had everything set up and I cast out. I immediately got a nibble, but soon found out that hooking a fish is a whole different story. Roy and Dustin got a kick out of watching me try to hook a fish. My grunt and pull tactic failed but drew some laughs. My jump and pull failed miserably, but my pull really, really, hard tactic was the trick. Once I got the hang of it, I was hooking fish after fish.
Roy likes to keep the spawners (the fish with eggs) to harvest the eggs. Trout like to eat their own eggs, so Roy makes egg sacks with them. Fish love em'! Dustin and I kept thirteen fish. We gave a few to my parents and kept the rest. We are excited to go fishing again and catch what Roy calls the "pole breakers."
29 May 2008
Scofield Reservoir
Posted by Libby and Dustin at 6:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am now a reader, so I am looking forward to DC pictures!! Hope you guys are doing great.
Wow. Rob beat me to a comment. I'm in trouble!
Post a Comment